Trial of the Sword Speedrun in 41:21 (World Record!) - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Twitch archive: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234685071
This was literally my first speedrun attempt ever and I smashed the previous world record by over two minutes. I can honestly say I did not expect that outcome.
I'm really happy with how this run went, even if it's visibly improvable in a few places. Sub-40 might be the ultimate goal for this category, at the moment.
Some notes about the run to clear up any potential questions:
- I run this game on the physical Switch version, which is ironically slower than digital Wii U version due to load times. I'm uncertain how much slower it is in this case, but in Any% it's roughly a 30-second difference.
- The game is German because it's the fastest language for speedrunning. However, it actually doesn't make a difference in this category; I was just too lazy to change it after doing other runs. :P
- Any form of stat preparation before the run and between trials is allowed. In this case I use 28+2 hearts, two temporary stamina wheels, and a 30-minute triple attack boost.
- The previous world record was 43:45 by Loloup.
- For any speedrun.com users out there, this is an Individual Level run.
- That Melee trophy sound is my "Best Segment" sound; since this was my first run, every segment was a best segment, so apologies for that. :P
https://www.twitch.tv/puppetmaster9 -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/puppetmaster9