FIRST SUB 1 HOUR HYPE
This run was fucking crazy. The beginning didn't even go that well.. it had a few slow moments and I died to the stalkers, because I wasn't paying attention to my health. That lava zone though.. it was so fast, I can't imagine a faster lava zone than this one. The parts that went a little rough are the same as in the previous speedrun.. getting the rocket BP from the aurora (forgot the route.. again). I also wasted some time forgetting to bring lube with me to build the cyclops. Overall, I am really happy with this run :)
Things I did different compared to my previous run:
1. Collect all materials (except for the late game stuff) before heading to the island. This does increase your time in the early game but definitely makes up for it later on.
2. Bind "use" and "right hand" to mouse wheel up and down. This let's you break nodes/deposit items really quickly which saves quite a bit of time over the course of a full run. Thanks to "cojosao" for giving me this tip!
3. Hold shift to keep the crafting window open to decrease the time it takes to craft multiple items at once.
4. A timesave that lets you skip getting the purple tablet on the island. Instead of the tablet on the island, you get the tablet in the quarantine facility after deactivating the laser while waiting to drown. This also let's you keep super seaglide since you don't have to go on the island anymore + it lets you skip the moonpool death warp. Thanks to "cojosao" for discovering this!
5. Instead of swimming back to base after grabbing the 3 deep mushrooms, I used a death warp to get back to base.
If you're interested in speedrunning Subnautica, you should join the discord server: https://discord.gg/ZfytwST